Gulf countries pledged more than $4 billion in combined financial support to United States President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace, as they signalled financial backing for efforts aimed at resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and advancing regional stability. The pledges were announced during the first meeting of the Board of Peace in Washington, where Qatar and Saudi Arabia each committed $1b. Kuwait also pledged $1b over the coming years, while the United Arab Emirates announced an additional $1.2b in support for Gaza through the board. Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani said Doha “reaffirms its commitment to the Board of Peace as it was committed to the very first day of the mediation efforts”. “Our responsibility remains to achieve a just and lasting resolution,” he said, adding that the board, under the leadership of President Trump, “will advance the full implementation of the 20-point plan without delay, ensuring fairness and justice for bot...
King Charles' younger brother Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was on Thursday arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office over allegations he sent confidential government documents to Jeffrey Epstein, the BBC reported. Thames Valley Police said earlier this month officers were considering allegations that Mountbatten-Windsor had passed documents to the late convicted sex offender, according to files released by the US government. "Thames Valley Police have opened an investigation into an offence of misconduct in public office," the force said in a statement on X. "A man in his sixties from Norfolk has been arrested and remains in police custody. As per national guidance we will not name the arrested man." Thames Valley Police have opened an investigation into an offence of misconduct in public office. A man in his sixties from Norfolk has been arrested and remains in police custody. As per national guidance we will not name the arrested man. Read more: https://t.co/wehZDx4InV pic.twitter.com/b23l2KeOHG — Thames Valley Police (@ThamesVP) February 19, 2026 Earlier, newspapers had reported that six unmarked police cars and around eight plain clothed officers had arrived at Wood Farm on the Sandringham estate in eastern England where Mountbatten-Windsor, whose 66th birthday falls on Thursday, now lives. The former prince, the second son of the late Queen Elizabeth, has always denied any wrongdoing in relation to Epstein, and said he regrets their friendship. But he has not responded to requests for comment since the latest release of documents. There was no immediate comment from Buckingham Palace. Mountbatten-Windsor had been reported to police by the anti-monarchy campaign group Republic following the release of more than 3 million pages of documents relating to Epstein, who was convicted of soliciting prostitution from a minor in 2008. Those files suggested Mountbatten-Windsor had in 2010 forwarded to Epstein reports about Vietnam, Singapore and other places he had visited on official trips. Thames Valley Police and the Crown Prosecution Service have previously said that they were in discussions about the case. Police said allegations of misconduct in public office, which is a 'Common Law' offence and so is not covered by written statute legislation, involved "particular complexities".
from Latest World News, International News | Breaking World News https://ift.tt/NESnBdY
from Latest World News, International News | Breaking World News https://ift.tt/NESnBdY
Comments
Post a Comment